If your calibration is failing, before contacting our support desk please check the following:
First step: synchronization
Most of the time, if calibration fails it is because synchronization has failed. Please check that all your videos are well synchronized.
Check the camera settings
All your cameras need to have the same settings. Check-list before calibrating:
- Please do not use the camera zoom feature, or the GoPro4 Superview mode
- Choose the correct lens parameters when calibrating (for GoPro, the FOV is usually around 120)
- If you have circular fish-eye lenses, do not forget to crop the input images
Carefully pick your calibration scene
When calibrating automatically, you should choose the footage sequence that will provide the best content for the calibration. This means:
- Choose a sequence that includes enough details (if a camera is shooting 100% the sky, it will be hard to calibrate)
- Check a sequence where there are no close objects in the video (cables, tables ...)
Try calibrating on several frames
VideoStitch Studio enables you to calibrate on several frames if the calibration on a sequence failed. Pick several frames with good scenes (see "Carefully pick your calibration scene), and try to calibrate on those ones.
- Click on "Manual frame selection"
- Pick a frame with the cursor
- Click on "Add current frame"
- Repeat to add several frames
- Click on "Calibrate on frame list"
Import a manual calibration
VideoStitch software is compatible with PtGui and Hugin, so you can manually create a calibration if you couldn't have a good enough calibration scene. It can then be imported into VideoStitch Studio:
If you already imported a manual calibration, you can also apply it again by selecting the template in the recent calibration list
If this article didn't help you solve your calibration your issue, do not hesitate to contact our support team providing:
- a description of your rig;
- the parameters of your camera;
- a snapshot of all the inputs, captured through the software (Edit > Extract stills to...)